Google Certified UX Designer | Product Designer
Toronto, ON. linkedin.com/in/michael-moniz
Highly skilled and experienced UX/UI, web and product designer seeking to apply creativity, critical thinking and sharpened problem-solving skills to create equitable & meaningful experiences through design. Empowered by an entrepreneurial mindset, I take a user-centric approach to visualize the big picture while taking full ownership of successful project decisions to completion.
CALIBER | Toronto | NOV 2015 - JUN 2021
CEO / Creative Director (Product / CX Designer)
Launched and operated a men’s swimwear brand from R&D to implementation.
- Implemented effective user research strategies continually to ideate and redesign the brand website which generated 90% of annual sales year-over-year.
- Decreased website bounce rate down from 82% to 29% by analyzing A/B test results, heatmaps and conducting usability tests on new frontend designs.
- Built and led a dynamic and cohesive team of 3 by applying strong performance/goal management and recognition strategies.
- Demonstrated high flexibility and adaptability in a face-paced and ever-changing working environment.
- Executed multi-channel social media marketing campaigns on Google, Facebook, and Instagram which drove brand awareness, increasing revenue by 42%.
- Forged impactful customer relationships by providing exceptional customer care.
- Leveraged up-sale/cross-sale strategies, raising the average carts size by 37%.
Anthony Lance | Toronto | JAN 2021 - MAR 2021
Lead Product Designer / Web Designer (Freelance)
Lead a cross-functional team, including a graphic designer and a UX copywriter, to produce a responsive real estate agent website.
- Spearheaded collaborative agile design exercise that generated innovative product designs.
- Produced deliverables including copy, graphic designs, journey maps, wireframes, information architecture, user flows, mockups, prototypes and ultimately a fully responsive website.
- Translated user needs by empathizing, analyzing and synthesizing user research.
- Delivered presentations and persuaded stakeholders successfully on Design initiatives at each iteration.
Peter Tamlin | Toronto | OCT 2020 - NOV 2020
Web Designer (Freelance)
Responsible for redesigning a photography portfolio website.
- Updated the user interface elements to increase the overall effectiveness of the user experience.
- Collaborated, multi-tasked and prioritized competing priorities effectively.
Effectively presented design decisions to the stakeholder at the end of each completed iteration.
- Redesigned the existing design into a modern visual layout that increased the stakeholder’s client leads.
- Exceeded expectations by demonstrating excellent critical thinking, judgment, organizational and time management skills.
LUX MASK | Toronto | APR 2020
Product Designer / Web Designer (Freelance)
Assisted with creating and launching luxmask.ca from fabric sourcing to marketing.
- Streamlined business requirements, customer needs, and technology constraints to produce effective user-centric design solutions.
- Presented complex concepts clearly, persuaded the rationale behind each user-centred design decision to the stakeholder.
- Built a responsive website that exceeded expectations while deadlines and budget constraints.
- Integrated search engine optimization (SEO), which increased the website’s organic reach.
• Adobe XD
• Davinci Resolve
• Facebook Ads
• Google Ads
• Google Analytics
• Google Suite
• Microsoft Suite
• Premier Rush
• Design Research
• Design Strategy
• Scenario Design
• Service Design
• System Design
• User Interface
• Video Editing
• Web Design
• Business Strategy
• Photo Editing
• Video Editing
Interaction Design Foundation
• Accessibility: How to Design for All
• UX Management: Strategy & Tactics
• Human-Computer Interaction – HCI
• UI Design Patters foR Successful Software
• Conducting Usability Testing
• UX Design Professional Certificate
• Design a User Experience for Social Good
• Responsive Web Design in Adobe XD
• Create High-Fidelity Designs & Prototypes in Figma
• UX Research & Test Early Concepts
• Build Wireframes & Low-Fidelity Prototypes
• Start UX Design Process: Empathize, Define, & Ideate
• Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design